Had a good work week, it was very busy the first half, but thankfully it tapered down the last couple days that I even went home early a couple of times. I took full advantage and enjoyed some naps, foot massage and chair massage, got my hair done. As much as I love running and get my “me time” while I’m running, I always try to squeeze in some pampering time and time to relax. Quite honestly, I sometimes feel like running on a plan can also feel like “work”.
Remember when I told you about my fun dance workout called Turbo Jam, well the creator of that, Chalene Johnson has created another fun workout called PiYo. The name comes from Pilates and Yoga, so a lot of the moves are derived from those types of workouts.
“PiYo gives you hardcore definition, intense calorie burn, and all over strength—without weights, without jumps, and without destroying your body.”
Here’s a promo for the series:
I’m totally NOT a BeachBody coach or work for that company in any way. I saw the videos and promos and thought it looked like a fantastic way to workout without high impact. I get enough of that while running and doing the Turbo Jam videos. I really wanted to try something that would help me strengthen and tone. Especially with my busy lifestyle, it seemed like a good idea to fit in the workouts when I had the time.
I ordered it the beginning of last week and received the kit in the mail a couple of days ago. It comes with 3 DVDs that have several workouts, a meal plan, a measuring tape, and a bonus workout DVD. I’ve watched the intro video and did the first leg workout yesterday, and I’m liking it so far. I’ll have to talk more about it when I get through all the DVDs.
Here’s how Level 6 went for me this week:
- Sunday – Key Run 65 minutes. Ate too much the previous days before including some parties where I stuffed my face with desserts and caffeinated drinks. Had a horrible time getting out of bed and only had 5 hours of sleep. Felt incredibly tired the whole time, but didn’t feel weak or out of breath. Lesson learned: avoiding caffeine again and made sure to get to bed on time the rest of the week.
- Monday – Cross Train Turbo Jam, 40 minutes. Did it after work. Felt very high energy and never out of breath, glad I’m getting better at it.
- Tuesday – Key Run Fartlek 2 min brisk, 3 easy. Did it after work. 77° and 83% humid and sunny. Felt my brisk pace of was manageable, but did feel a bit nauseous the last 2 intervals.
- Wednesday – REST
- Thursday – 35 easy. got up at 4am to run in the darkness. Very comfortable pace. Later in the day I attended CrossFit. Warmup was a 500 m row, 400 m run. Workout was Curtis P’s EMOM (every minute on the minute) with 3 ring dips, I used a 55 lbs barbell. Here’s a good example of the set. (Hang Squat Clean + Lunge + Lunge + Push Press).
- Friday – PiYo Intro Alignment video, and PiYo Define Legs video
- Saturday – A.T Run – 10 min easy, 25 brisk, 10 easy.
Happy that I had a full week. 34 points this week and looking forward to Level 7, now off to work!